Folks these are the craft fairs you’ll find us at over November and December.
- Bizarre Bazaar Christmas Craft Fair, Karura Forest: 12th-13th November
- Xmas Box, Marula, Karen: 18th-20th November
- Arusha Community Christmas Fair: 19th-20th November
- German Xmas Charity Bazaar: 26th November
- The Hub Christmas Fair, Karen: 10th-12th December
- Pembroke Homemakers Market, Pembroke School, Gilgil: 9th December
- Ocean Sports Xmas Craft Fair, Watamu: 18th December
You can also find us at our shop in between the fairs at the Nairobi Art Centre in Lavington opposite Lavington Mall where we’re open Monday to Saturday 11am – 5pm.
We will also be launching our website and lookbook later this month.
See you at the fairs. Enjoy the holidays.
It’s known as Funji in Angola, Nshima in Zambia, pap, Mealie-meal or Sadza in other parts of Southern Africa and even in Italy as Polenta. Ugali as it’s known in East Africa is maize flour cooked in water to form a thick porridge like dish. It’s commonly eaten with Sukuma Wiki (Kale) +/- meat stew and/or Nyama Choma (roasted meat)
Best way to eat Ugali is to grab…well not grab but pull a small portion of it, roll it into a ball in your palm and dip it in the stew/choice accompaniment.
Here are our fresh new tees to celebrate that Ugali goodness..
So hey what other names are there for Ugali especially in sheng?
To place an order send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ChilliMangoKE or twitter http://www.twitter.com/ChilliMangoKE to keep updated on the events/fairs we’ll be attending.
Here’s an Afro treat for all you Afro beat & Fela fans: http://www.mixcloud.com/djkmart/fela-tributemix/